Monday, September 22, 2008

Here I am

Finally, I get to blog. I used to write a lot, in my younger days. Gave it up. Why? I don't know. No time, I guess. Or people peering into my papers or throwing them away. I have this idea it will be therapeutic....yes, trying to get over some low-level depression, which is starting to get real old....and then I've had this idea for a long time that I'd like to write a novel about "my story". My Life with Autism or I'm Still Taking Care of these Unusual Folks or (more provocative), How My Life Suddenly Changed in Ways I Never Expected or The Will to Stay Here. I have a long time to figure this out. (Maybe. One does never know....)

So I went back to my "way past" and succumbed to my hankering to download from Limewire some out-of-the-box songs I used to listen to in my youth. Groups like early Chicago (remember CTA?), Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Genesis. Saw all these guys in concert in the 70's before I shipped off to Colombia, S.A. as a foreign exchange student. Yes, that was the next chapter of my life. Several more to come, all very unexpected (at least by me).

We live in a dark, fallen world. Sometimes you have to look aggressively for the light. (But it is very bright and intense, even though not always large.) More on that later.

Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" really was a strange song, wasn't it?

No comments: